Sometimes, whether we’d like to admit it or not, life gets in the way of our goals but for very good reasons. It’s all about teaching us lessons. We know through life, we learn a lot. I know me personally I learn something knew every day and it always comes from the major stresses that pop up.
Right now, I honestly believe I am being taught patience and appreciation. M and I have been busy making plans. Some are more generalized and some are very specific. The main one being that of starting a life and family together. We’ve been shown before that good things come to those who wait. We went through hell our first 8 months where life and other forces just kept getting in the way. Finally, without a hitch, he and I were together but it was then that we both came to realize what we both so truly wanted. We found a connection and love neither had anticipated and I for one can say I did not even think existed.
After that, we both thought we had taken the lesson learned then and we decided to push fate’s hand and rush. Well life has gotten in the way once again, proving that no matter how much we push…it all comes down to it’s own timing. So, we are both having to learn to cool our heels and enjoy the road that fate has set us upon. It’s all a check and balance act. If we all choose to really listen to life, we’d come to see that every hiccup no matter how big or small is a lesson to be learned.
I know that we are not wrong in our wants or where we are trying to get to. Life or Fate has done some pretty remarkable things to get the two of us where we are. It put us together in the same place so that we’d meet, it saw to it that we both desired, in one fashion or another, the same thing, it stayed our hands when obstacles popped up between us and held us together, it quickly mended broken hearts and hurt feelings caused by each other so that we would not so foolishly walk away.
Needless to say, Life has spoken pretty loudly about where I am meant to be. Now, I have to listen a little closer to find out how it plans for us to get there. But in the mean time, I get to enjoy the growing amount of appreciation I have for M and his presence in my life. I get to enjoy the feel of growing love that creates a new bloom on our rose bush. Small things that we tend to take for granted or forget years down the line in a relationship. Maybe, just Maybe, that is Life getting in the way so that neither of us take it for granted later….
No comments:
Post a Comment