The last couple of weeks have been a little rough. Those of you who read M's blog probably have come to that assumption. Life's been a little less than kind, issues coming from every direction it seems. But...today was probably one of the better days I've had in a while. Not because anything got solved, the plate is still more than full. But, I heard a song and it put a lot into perspective for me. I am not really one for country music but for some odd reason I was flipping through channels and stopped on one of the country stations here. Not really sure why, perhaps it was something higher doing the guidance but a song started and I found myself smiling. The song is called "Still" by Tim McGraw. I found the lyrics pretty profound.
We all know the stress of life. Jobs, Family, House, Bills, Kids...you name it, we all have them. That is just the normal side of life. Throw on the responsibilities of not just a relationship, but a D/s or TPE relationship and the pressure doubles. As a Dominant, you have all of that and then another life or whole person you are responsible for. For a Submissive, it's the same. You have all of those things and make sure it doesn't affect your service to your Dominant. Sure, any Dom will say all of that other stuff is worried about by me so no need for you to worry. But, if you are in a committed relationship...you both worry. It's the nature of the beast and part of being an adult.So we worry, run around trying to be superheros and tend to everything. But often, in our haste to tend to the needs and wants, we forget the need to just be still. To take the time to find that one happy place and recharge.
So, this evening I did just that. After my shower, I sat down with no real intentions of meditation but I let my mind find it's happy place. As a submissive, it was the last night of M and I's trip down in the city. The room was dark and we were in bed right before sleep and just talked. At the time, I remember thinking that very spot, curled up against his side, our legs intertwined and my head on his chest...there wasn't a view or place that could rival it. It was home and so very much more. But more importantly, for once during our trip...we were still.
I looked back at the clock and realized I had sat there for an hour. A WHOLE HOUR! Absolutely crazy I tell ya. But the cool thing about it? I felt calm, at peace for the first time in weeks...really for the first time since he boarded the plane to go back. Sure, I still have every last one of my issues to deal with on my plate but I've got a fork and knife now. It's just a matter of cutting it up and set about clearing my plate. And if I come to a point where it starts to overwhelm me again...I will just take another moment to just be still...
No comments:
Post a Comment