Sunday, February 13, 2011

Running in place

Thank god the week is over and a new one is beginning. This past week was the week from hell. Ever feel like you're running a thousand miles but yet you are getting no where, the scenery isn't changing? This past week, I honestly came to the conclusion I was on a tread mill. I ran A LOT but yet I was still stuck in the same place. It was frustrating to say the least.

But, this next week should be better. There's a trip coming up on Thursday. 6 whole days of just M and I...no kids, no worries...no clothes most of the time hehe. We both need the break to be honest. We need the time to ourselves to reconnect in many ways and time to recharge the dead batteries we're running on. Ultimately...it will be a great time to work on us.

Kind of like this past week, some of our issues have been like running in place. And that feeling of getting no where or anything changing is driving a divider between us. Perhaps he feels different, but it's what I see and feel. We spend more time apart, especially on the weekends. One would think that we'd talk more, that we'd spend more time together. But...it never works out that way. He's got work to tend to and I have a house and a kid to tend to.

It will all get dealt with eventually. My only concern is that what started out as an ant hill is going to fester into a full blown mountain by the time it does. For now, there really is no resemblance of D/s in our relationship. He doesn't have time to devote to it and my submission...well, in turn I really just question it. I miss that side of us. Just not really sure how to get it all back. I've had a few suggestions, but even they have fallen by the way side. So...I dunno. We'll see I guess. For now...I'll get back on my tread mill. I'm determined like that.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Banana Boat

    Life gets in the way of all relationships whether vanilla or D/s, though to me D/s takes a lot of work all the time to keep the dynamic going, but little things between you B/both can keep the D/s dynamic going, dont give up, it doesnt always have to be full blown. i hope you B/both enjoy the alone time and reconnect with each O/other.

    blossom xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on getting back on the treadmill and working things out.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the supportive comments. We are working things out and we've had some moments that seemed to be worse than better. But! We'll get there, we're both to stubborn to let the issues stand in the way lol.

    ReplyDelete