Okay, so I have to get on the soap box for a few and just rant. Here lately I've noticed something that has just...absolutely driven me crazy. It is the sheer number of submissives that think it is okay to just go around calling every Dominant male "Daddy" or "Master"...whether they know them or not. Tumblr seems to be the worst. It literally irkes me to no end. Especially those that will address a Dominant and they comment as "Anonymous"!!
The first thing that comes to mind when I see this is "attention whore" but then I realize maybe I am just being over-senstive or just letting my anger speak. When I sit back and just let it simmer, I realize it is just as bad as those "Doms" out there that message you online and after one conversation, insist you call him Master. I believe it to be a combination of different things. Sure, for some of them out there...it literally is all about the attention. Then there are those who are still regretfully under-educated. And then, you have those who just do not have or have not gained enough respect and confidence for not only themselves, but for the person they are addressing.
Whether it's the "Daddy Everyone" subs or the "Call me MASTER" Doms", it is really just disrespectful. As a sub, when I see other subs calling everyone Daddy or Master, it not only comes off as rude towards the Dominant she or he is addressing, but it is an embarrassment as well. It does not come off as cute or being polite. If you've never talked to this person before, you don't have an on-going relationship and you haven't given your submission...then do NOT address them as "Daddy" or "Master". Period, end of story. In all truth, you do not even need to address them as Sir unless it happens to be part of their "Scene" or "Screen" name.
No, I am not referring to general manners. Being raised in my family, using "Yes Sir" "No Sir" "Yes Ma'am" and "No Ma'am" is just a way of life, a habit. I even use that when addressing my daughter. I am speaking of "titles" only. Calling someone "Daddy," "Master" or "Sir" are titles I feel need to be earned. They are special and reserved for the one you've chosen to submit to, not any and every Joe you come across. A good Dominant wouldn't want you addressing him as such if he doesn't have a relationship with you and hasn't accepted your submission.
Moral of the story...If he hasn't accepted you as his baby girl, DON'T call him Daddy.
I can feel your frustration through your words.
ReplyDeleteNice post, well said.
Thank you Sarah! It has just been eating at me because it seems to be a rampant problem here lately :(
ReplyDeleteThe worst of the worst is dominant who makes you lie on the floor when he see you for the first time.
ReplyDeleteOh god...I hate those kind of guys. Or god forbid, they see you online, see sub and message you saying "Oh you're a sub, come over so I can use you." REALLY? Sickening :(
ReplyDelete