Fear…It’s a common place emotion, one we’ve all felt at one time or another. It is actually something we learn early on in life. Who wasn’t afraid of the boogey man or closet monster? As we grow and mature, those fears morph from fantasy creatures to stupid teenage worries to the very responsibilities of adult hood. It is an emotion we never learn to just get over and it never really goes away. The important thing we need to understand though is Fear does not define who we are, it is our response to the fear that does. We can choose to either face our fear and perhaps overcome or we can choose to run away and let it best us time and time again.
I had this long thought out post on this subject but that is about where my words of wisdom stop for now. Today is not such a great day. I woke crying then my daughter comes in, tears in her eyes, to prove that I fail at times being a mother. I forgot to switch out the tooth she lost for money. As the day wears on, it just doesn’t seem to be getting better. I was fussed at for being down on myself, work is killing me, my mind is anywhere but where it should be and the stresses keep piling. They say when it rains, it pours. Well…shit Sherlock! I’ve already broken out the hip boots and umbrella. Here in a bit, I am going to break out the flat boat.
If I figure it out right, by the time tonight gets here…I will need a Carnival Cruise Ship :\ The doctor tells me to avoid stress, not worry about my upcoming visit and just relax. Seriously? He smokes crack apparently. I will switch places with him and see how far he gets then we’ll talk.
Sorry, I know. Not my usual post but I just had to vent it somewhere. Good news is, I did have lunch and it was gooood. Red Beans and Rice with smoked sausage…yum. Nothing like comfort foods.
No comments:
Post a Comment