Thursday, December 24, 2009

Blessed

It's Christmas Eve and for the first time all day the house is quiet. The kids are asleep, my sister is in the room finishing her last minute wrapping...which is kinda funny to watch being virtually one handed and all but everything is just...quiet. Typically I would be jumping for joy because it doesn't happen often but honestly after the last few days I am almost too spent to truly appreciate it.
If anything though...it's allowed me time to sit, think and meditate.

Tonight's mass was one that was sheer inspiration and spoke not only our blessing with the birth of our Lord, Jesus...but of change. His birth changed us all, we know this but something the priest said struck me. His comment was "Just as a mother becomes almost a servant with a devotion to this new born child in her life, Jesus' birth has made us all servants and has given us this level of devotion." He went on to elaborate that not only are we devoted servants to him and God the father...but we should also be sharing that sentiment with our fellow man. That we are so incredibly blessed by the gift of life and love, that we should not hold it to ourselves but "pay it forward" so to speak. Yes...as a catholic, more importantly as a devout christian, I completely understand where he was going with that. But as a submissive, it spoke on an even greater level.

So often, you hear of those in our lifestyle struggling with the religious aspect. I will not even go into the comments I've heard from those of the more...vanilla ilk. As a Catholic, the topic did cross my mind a time or two in the beginning. There are verses all through out the bible that are very "lifestyle" oriented...but this was the first time I'd actually heard in church that we should serve others. So my question is this...If it is ok for us to enlist in volunteer services such as working in soup kitchens, adopting senior citizens, etc....then what is so different about us volunteering to serve another..more importantly a Master or Mistress? How can our lifestyle be wrong religiously? There really isn't a difference and it can not be wrong. Ok, so some would have issues because we call them Master or Mistress. Vanilla's call each other Baby, Dear, Snookums...They are terms of endearments. Me addressing Master as such is just that. I call him that out of respect, but more importantly out of complete love and sincerity.

Master is a god fearing man, both of us church going people with a strong love for and close relationship with God. We support each other in that and value it for what it is...Our faith comes first. I can not speak for Him, but for me I feel that it is my faith that helps me in my service to Master. It is by God's blessing that I have Master in my life and it is by God's grace that I am able to be "subserviant" to Him. Through my devotion to God, I learn to serve. For anyone who's ever married...the words "To Honor and Obey" are still very much used in a woman's vows to her husband. Scripture speaks of the man being the head of the house and wife as a Priest is to his followers, as Jesus is to us. A man is meant to lead his wife/woman in not only her day to day life but in her faith...but the key there is BEING LED.

So, again I pose the question How can our lifestyle relationships be wrong in the eyes of religion? For the most part, I don't think it is. Sure, I can see how it would be classified when having multiple partners because no matter your christian religion, they all preach monogamy. But as for the basis of D/s or M/s, I do not see where it can be faulted. Perhaps you do not agree, but that is the beauty of life...we are all entitled to our opinions..wrong or not at least I have one.At the end of the day, it will be I who has to stand in front of God and answer for things I have done...but I will stand there knowing I was blessed by him with a loving Master.

Merry Christmas all...More importantly, Merry Christmas Master. May it be a very blessed and love filled day for You and Your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment